Call for a Project Dissemination Officer
at the European Science Engagement Association, EUSEA
The European Science Engagement Association, EUSEA, is an international community of public engagement professionals. The association comprises about 120 members, including universities and scientific institutions, science festival organisations, science centres and museums, municipalities and NGO’s.
Founded in 2001, EUSEA is an international knowledge-sharing platform and accelerator of innovation in the fields of public engagement. The association addresses experts involved in the design, organisation and implementation of public engagement activities across Europe. EUSEA is an active consortium member in projects funded by the European Commission and supports partners in European funding policies.
About the position of the Project Officer
The EUSEA Project Officer will work on several tasks allocated to European projects funded within HORIZON 2020. All projects are being executed by a consortium of European and sometimes non-European partners. The projects currently ongoing are related to space education, Responsible Research and Innovation, Biosciences and Citizen Science. EUSEA’ s role in most projects is related communication, dissemination and stakeholder engagement.
The main tasks of a EUSEA Project Officer will be as follows
- Design and implementation of a communication and dissemination plan, achievable during the timeframe of each project in collaboration with all consortium members;
- Production of a variety of content for online and offline project dissemination, including website management and social media content
- Creation of original and engaging communication products, tools or assets
- Organisation of online and offline meetings, looking after the content and the logistics
- Elaboration and submission of activity and financial reports, in accordance with rules specified by the European Commission and in coordination with the project’s lead
The EUSEA Project Officer should
- Ensure good quality and timely delivery of all communication or dissemination products
- Keep track of the financial aspects of EUSEA budget allocated to the project
- Maintain a good communication flow with the EU Project Coordinator and all the partners
- Maintain regular meetings with EUSEA Executive Office and other project officers
- Provide confident and engaging presentations at various events
- Represent EUSEA and the projects in fairs and/or conferences
- Relevant qualification (Master or bachelor) or comparable professional experience in the fields of science education and/or engagement
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written
- At least two years of experience in project management, particularly in EU-funded projects
- Experience in science communication, in various forms
- Experience and interest in Space education, Biosciences and/or Citizen Science is a plus
- Skillful website management
- Experience with a strategic use of social media
- Experience in the design of digital content is a plus
- Ability to be self-organised, proactive and motivated
- Availability to travel, if the projects request so and the pandemic allows it
What EUSEA offers
- An engaging network in which you can unfold your capacities, ideas and abilities
- A 1-year contract, renewable within the projects’ timelines
- Flexible working times, most of which can be performed from home
- The remuneration will be based on a gross monthly pay range of 4.000 – 6.000 €, with appointment made on basis of qualifications, track record and experience
- The position will be based on a freelance contract basis, which means that the successful applicant will be responsible for the payment of taxes, social security benefits and other costs according to the legislation in their country of residence.
- Reduced working hours are possible
- Starting date: 1st March 2021
Apply until January 15th 2021, 18:00 CET
Send your cover letter + CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: EUSEA Project Officer Application _YOUR LAST NAME AND NAME.
Interviews with the EUSEA Board will take place between February 10th-20th 2021, online. We will notify all candidates about the decision of the EUSEA Board.