An excursion is a trip to local places of interest e.g. sites of archaeological importance, a biotope, volcano, a geological formation, nature reserves, research stations etc.
It is an easy way of presenting scientific work in the field to people.
An excursion is a good way for participants to meet experts and to sneak and try out research work in the field. It is often an exciting and new activity for most participants.
- Format can be adapted to different publics
Institutions and teams that are knowledgeable in science, technology, history, anthropology, to mention some.
- Choose a suitable excursion destination and format
- Prepare carefully the information you want to share
- Think about the group size
- Decide on whether and how people should register for the excursion
- Think about whether participants require any special equipment or appropriate clothing and if yes, do not forget to inform them
- Promote your excursion
Consider carefully the content of your excursion and whether it is suitable for your target group.