The Fundación para el Conocimiento madri+d is an initiative of the Regional Government of Madrid created in 2002. Its main objectives are to contribute to make the quality of higher education, science, technology and innovation key elements of the competitiveness and well-being of citizens.
The Fundación carries out programmes and provides services in accreditation of quality in higher education, support and promotion for the creation of technology-based firms, technology transfer, R&D European programmes and communication and scientific culture activities.
The Fundación fosters communication and cooperation between university, science and industry fields in order to consolidate Madrid as an innovative and efficient regional ecosystem based on knowledge, integrated into the European Union.
Fundación madri+d won in 2007 the IRE Award for Best European Regional Innovation Scheme.
Madrid Science Week. It´s held every year during two weeks in November. It tries to spread the results of scientific research in Madrid Region. Its main aim is to stimulate the knowledge of science and technology among citizens. It offers more than 1000 free activities addressed to all citizens.
• Show the scientific heritage.
• Disseminate the results of scientific research.
• Renew the scientific and technological knowledge of citizens.
• Encourage citizens to participate in scientific issues.
• Foster the interest of young people for scientific studies.
+ 1.000 activities and 600 institutions
3.000 researchers and 200.000 attendees
European Researchers' Night is a Marie Sklodowska-Curie (MSCA) action, under the Horizon 2020. It consists of a pan-European event taking place on the last Friday night of September. In this edition 42 activities were performed.
• Bring the researchers closer to the general public.
• Increase awareness of the research and innovation activities with a view to supporting the public recognition of researchers.
• Create an understanding of the impact of researchers' work on daily life.
• Encourage young people to embark on scientific careers.
42 activities and 21 institutions
450 researchers and more than 10.000 attendees
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Web & Social Media: www.madrimasd.org/?lan=en
Address: Calle Duque de Medinaceli, 2, 2814 Madrid