ECM Fondazione Esperienze di Cultura Metropolitana has been "making culture" for the Municipality of Settimo Torinese and of other towns in the Torino metropolitan district since 2006. ECM has been organizing and providing the "cultural system" for a wide regional and national area.
ECM has been expanding its geographical scope with initiatives and events both in Piedmont and elsewhere in Italy, thanks to a network of qualified collaborations as well as the participation and involvement of volunteers in the activities and organization of events.
Briefly, the main areas of activities developed by ECM are as follows:
• Archimede multimedia civic library
• "Archimede Project": Incipit literary award, Lego Education Innovation Studio (educational innovation lab), Robottiamo (introducing children 0-6 to robotics and coding), Ogeima (theatrical performances involving robots), Festival of innovation and science (one of the most lively and successful events in Italy about science dissemination), Radio Archimede (a web radio), Archimedebooks (a publisher)
• Garibaldi Theatre
• Freidano Ecomuseum (museum of local cultural heritage)
• Suoneria House of Music (music events)
• Siva (a former paint factory, where Primo Levi, the famous Italian writer and Holocaust survivor, worked as a chemist from 1948 to 1977: remembrance, science, innovation)
Web & Social Media: www.fondazione-ecm.it
Address: piazza della Libertà, 4, Settimo Torinese, 10036, Italy